In addition to the guidelines provided here, businesses that rely on recurring billing can take additional steps to prevent chargebacks.
- Make sure the contract terms and cancellation policy are clearly stated on the contract and on the receipt
- If a customer is upset, offer the option to cancel unless it conflicts with your internal policies
- Be sure to bill the customer only for the number of installments they want and for the correct amount each time. For instance, if a customer is signing up for a 6-month program while most of your customers choose the 12-month option, double check your math to be certain you're charging the customer properly.
- Cancel billing as soon as the customer lets you know that they want to cancel
- Bill any installments sooner than you have agreed with the customer
Above all, don't worry! We will be there to guide you every step of the way. You can always call us at 408-295-8360 if you have any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.