In addition to the guidelines provided here, retail businesses can take additional steps to prevent chargebacks.
- Make sure the card is present
- Make sure your POS is clean and serviceable so it can read cards accurately on the first try
- Make sure errors are addressed immediately if possible, and definitely before batching out
- If you are unable to swipe the card, print a high-quality imprint of the card on the transaction receipt and make sure the receipt information exactly matches the card
- Get a signature or ask for a PIN with all transactions
- If you need to run multiple back-to-back transactions for the same customer, make sure you swipe or insert the card separately for each transaction. The customer should also sign an individual receipt for each transaction.
- Train your team on how to combat fraud and how to identify and report potentially suspicious behaviors
- Key in a transaction to override a declined card
- Override a failed voice authorization attempt
Above all, don't worry! We will be there to guide you every step of the way. You can always call us at 408-295-8360 if you have any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.