An Authorization Only transaction is used to earmark a certain amount of funds on a card until you settle it at a later date. This type of transaction is commonly used in the hospitality industry by hotels to ensure that the customer has sufficient funds available to pay for the entirety of their stay. You can process this type of transaction on a VX 520 by performing a Ticket Only transaction. Here's how:
1. From the main Sale/Refund/Void scree, press the left purple key
2. Press F3 for Auth Only
3. Enter the amount you wish to authorize
4. Press Enter
5. Press F1 for Yes to confirm the amount
6. Swipe or insert the card, or key in the number manually using the keypad
7. Choose the card type
- For a credit card, press F1 and then use the keypad to enter the expiration date. Press Enter. NOTE: If you keyed in the card, the terminal may ask you if the card is physically present. If it is not, press F2 for no and follow the on-screen instructions. If the card was swiped, the terminal will not ask for the expiration date.
- For an EBT cards, press F3. NOTE: EBT is only available if you have asked us to enable this feature on your account
8. Press F1 for Yes to print a copy of the receipt for the customer
If you are a 360 Payments customer and have questions or need help, please call us at 408-295-8360.