An Authorization Only transaction is used to earmark a certain amount of funds on a card until you settle it at a later date. This type of transaction is commonly used in the hospitality industry by hotels to ensure that the customer has sufficient funds available to pay for the entirety of their stay. You can close out this type of transaction on a VX 520 by performing a Ticket Only transaction. Here's how:
1. From the main Sale/Refund/Void home screen, press the left purple button
2. Press F1 for Ticket Only
3. Enter the total amount you want to authorize
4. Press Enter
5. Press F1 for Yes to confirm the amount
6. Swipe or insert the card or key in the number manually and press Enter
7. Choose the card type
- For a credit card, press F1 and use the keypad to enter the expiration date. Press Enter.
- For an EBT card, press F3. NOTE: EBT is only available if you have asked us to enable this option on your account
8. Enter the order number using the keypad. If there is no order number, enter 4 zeros.
9. Use the keypad to enter the Auth Only or voice authorization approval code
10. Press F1 for yes to print a copy of the receipt for the customer
If you are a 360 Payments customer and need help with this process, please call us at 408-295-8360.
Please sign in to leave a comment.