1. Before using the card reader for the first time, charge it up fully using the included USB cable. The reader can be charged by plugging it into the USB port on your computer or into a wall outlet via a power adapter. A full charge can take up to two hours.
2. While your reader is charging, download and install the SwipeSimple app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Sign into the app using the email and temporary password provided in your welcome email from SwipeSimple. If you did not a receive an email, please call us at 408-295-8360.
4. Once the app is downloaded and your reader is charged, plug the reader into the audio jack of your smartphone or tablet. If it won't fit, try removing the case or cover from your device.
5. Open the SwipeSimple app on your device.
6. Raise your device volume as high as it will go to help the reader function properly
7. To run a transaction, enter the amount of the transaction and tap the Credit Card button. Insert or swipe the customer's card when the app prompts you to do so and select "Process Payment." Enter a phone number or email address on the following screen to send a receipt to the customer. Keep the card inserted throughout the entire transaction.
If you have any questions about how to use your device, please call us at 408-295-8360.