1. From the main screen (‘Input Amount’), enter the amount of the sale and press enter
2. Terminal will read “Insert/Swipe Your Card/Input Account”
3. Insert chip, swipe card, or manually key in the card #
4. Terminal will read “Processing…, Printing” and print out the first receipt
5. Tear off this receipt and have the customer sign it
6. Press the green Enter button for a customer copy or press the red Cancel button for no
Things to Note:
- There are two kinds of chip cards:
- Chip and Signature: This is the most common type of chip card right now. Customers will be required to sign regardless of whether or not QSR (Quick Service Retail) or FPS (Fast Payment Service) AKA ‘No signature under $25’ is enabled or not.
- Chip and Pin: This is less common and customers with this type of card will have a PIN associated with their credit card. If you do not have a pin pad the customer will be able to enter their pin directly on your terminal’s keypad.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 408-295-8360.