1. Log into your goEmerchant account here: https://secure.goemerchant.com/secure/login/faps/login.aspx
2. Click on the Virtual Terminal tab
3. Click on Authorize MO/TO Transactions
4. Don't chante the top selection labeled Direct Card Authorization unless completing a voice authorization
5. Enter the Order ID. NOTE: This is optional. If you leave it blank, the system will automatically generate an invoice number.
6. Enter the amount of the sale in the Total Amount field
7. Enter the Transaction Type
- For a regular transaction, leave as Authorize and Settle
- Auth Only - For an authorization that you want to go back and settle days or a week later (common in rental industry, hotels, bike rentals, etc.)
- Account Verification – Predetermine if the card in question has enough money in the account if the transaction was processed today
8. Set the Recurring Type - this is a quick way to set recurring payments. A recurring end date field will appear if this is selected.
9. Enter the card number in the Card Number field
10. Enter the expiration month and date in numerals in the Expiration Month & Date field
11. Enter the 3 digits on the back of the card (or the four digits on the front of an American Express card) in the CVV2 field (optional)
12. If the CIM feature is enabled, save the customers information for future transactions
13. Enter the customer's billing street address and zip code in the Billing Information field. This is important to ensure you're getting the lowest rate possible for this transaction.
14. When you're finished, click Submit
15. The Transaction Result screen will show you the transaction details
- The Response should read APPROVED if the transaction went through
- AVS Response will show you if the address information you entered matched the billing address associate with that card
- The Print Receipt button allows you to print one or more receipts
- The Email Receipt button allows you to email the invoice to the customer
If you need additional help, please call us at 408-295-8360 or visit http://support.goemerchant.com/transaction-center.aspx.