Take a look at the receipt that printed when your settlement failed. You should see a code beneath the "settlement failed" message.
If the code begins with QD, the batch was a duplicate. Change the batch number and the settlement should process with no issues. Here's how:
1. From the main sale screen, press Enter
2. Press F2 for Setup
3. Enter the password. If you are using the default password, it is 1, alpha, alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1.
4. Find Merchant Hosts and select the corresponding F key to the right
5. The terminal will show a fraction on the left side (1/9, 1/8, etc.). Press Select
6. Terminal should read "Batch number XXX"
7. Press Edit and change the batch number to at least 10 above the previous number (for example, batch 100 becomes batch 110 and batch 150 becomes batch 160)
8. Press Enter
9. You should see this change on the left side of the screen where it says Batch Number: X. X should be the new number you just entered.
10. After confirming this change, press F4 for Exit
11. Press F2 for OK when asked to save changes
12. Press the red Cancel button until you return to the main sale screen
If the code begins with RB, the batch was rejected. Call us at 408-295-8360 so we can get to the bottom of it.
If there is no code present, your failed settlement was likely due to a communications error. Try to run the settlement again and take note of what happens. If it fails again and you are a 360 Payments customer, give us a call at 408-295-8360.
Please sign in to leave a comment.