If this is a one-time failure, the card you're attempting to process may have a worn-out or damaged chip or magnetic stripe. See if the customer can use another method of payment.
If it happens frequently but not all the time, ensure that you are inserting chip cards fully into the machine until you hear a beep prior to processing the sale. Make sure you are swiping magnetic cards smoothly and that the stripe is facing the correct direction. If the issue persists, please call us at 408-295-8360.
If you can't process any cards at all, try reauthenticating the terminal. Here's how:
1. From the main sale screen, press Enter
2. Enter your password (if you are using the default password, it is 1, alpha, alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1)
3. Press F2 for Authentication
4. Enter this authentication code: V032820140
5. Enter your business zip code (must match what prints on receipts)
6. You should see a message that says "Activated"
If this didn't resolve the issue, call us at 408-295-8360.