Setting up a phone line as a backup to your IP connection can be critical in the event of an Internet outage. Here's how to set one up:
1. From the main sale screen, press 6
2. Enter the password. If you are using the default password, it is 1, Alpha, Alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1.
3. Press F4 for Communications
4. Press F2 for View
5. Press F3 for Edit
6. Press F2 until your desired option is selected:
- None: No phone line is connected to the terminal. Terminal will not to dial out if ethernet connection fails.
- Auto Backup: Terminal will automatically attempt to dial out if ethernet connection fails.
- Prompt Backup: Terminal will prompt for permission to dial out if ethernet connection fails.
- Switch Backup: The phone line will be the main connection and the ethernet connection will serve as a backup
- Use Backup: Sets t he terminal to process over the phone line as the main connection
7. Press F3 for Select
8. Press F4 for Exit
9. Press the red Cancel button three times to return to the main home screen
If you are a 360 Payments customer and need help, give us a call at 408-295-8360.