Your VX 520 requires a password to perform various menu functions. You can turn this feature off or change the password. Here's how:
1. From the main sale screen, press the green Enter button
2. Press F4 for Menu/Keys
3. Enter the password. The default password is 1, Alpha, Alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1.
4. Press F2 for Select
5. Press F2 until the menu function to which you want to assign a password is selected
- The most common choice here is Refund, which can be accessed by pressing F2 four times
6. Press F3 for Select
7. Press F3 for Edit
8. Press F2 to select the desired password type
- None: No passwords will be required for the selected function
- Manager: The default is 1, Alpha, Alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1. Can be used anywhere the Supervisor password is used.
- Supervisor: The default is 1, Alpha, Alpha, 6, 6, 8, 3, 1, but you can change this by following these directions: https://360payments.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002442833
- Clerk: Individual IDs for each clerk or server. We do not recommend using this. Use server prompts to distinguish between employees (see instructions here: https://360payments.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002434534).
- Custom: We do not recommend using this. Use the Supervisor option to set a custom password.
9. Press F3 for Select
10. Press F4 for Exit
11. Press the red Cancel button four times to exit back to the main sale screen
If you are a 360 Payments customer and have any questions, please give us a call at 408-295-8360.